1LT John W. Holmes wrote:

I wonder if you could pass on some pointers for speed testing.

thanks

Nothing fancy. Just using the getmicrotime() function defined on the
microtime() manual page to get the time before the bit I'm testing and after
and subtract to get the difference.

www.php.net/microtime

There are fancier classes out there that'll do this and create pretty graphs
and all that, too. I think PEAR has something to help with it.

simple is good :)

thanks for that - I'll start experimenting.

I never used too be too worried about speed - but have recenetly worked on a project that has become very slow and need to start developing methods for analysing code changes and thier impact on performance.

--

Sean