I am attempting to modify an old script to support the superglobal $_POST with register_globals=Off. These register globals are definately challenging when you are new to php and every example shown anywhere uses the old method but I guess what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

I am trying to convert this line, $email is coming from an html form so I would typically call it with $_POST['email'] but this doesn't work in this case and I thus far haven't been able to find anything that explains what I should be doing.

function check_banlist($banlist, $email) {

Any assistance is appreciated! Thanks,

Jamie