dear list,

I've noticed that the longer i work on a project, the more i use my 'organic' way of adding features and filter, and the less i understand what my own code is doing. Now I do have some projects of, say, 5000 lines and i started very organized with flow diagrams and function descriptions and shit, but during the project i still managed to sneak in all sorts of unintended mess.

So I am looking for some thing that may help me develop, but will not cost me more time than it gives back. For instance i tried some flow diagram tools and it is just not worth it - the original scrible i make of it on paper is just as helpful.
I was thinking of some sort of function list, where i describe the functions in a detailed way, including input and output of course.
It should work with classes and object descriptions too, and lists of globals.

Does any such tool exist?

thanks,
Chris

PS apologies if this question is often asked, i just joined the list again.