"Dave J. Hala Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ha scritto nel messaggio
1040500684.942.130.camel@badboy">news:1040500684.942.130.camel@badboy...
> I've got a bunch of fields in a mysql database that have a \Z character
> in them.  I want to search a field for \Z and if it contains that
> character, make the field blank.
>
> In running php 4.x on RH 8.0
>
> Here is the code:
>
>         $connection = db_connect("Could not connect  DB");
>         $SQL="SELECT id,PVLN from lhpl_side WHERE PVLN =\"\\Z\" ";
>         $result= mysql_query($SQL,$connection) or die (mysql_error());
>         $num = mysql_numrows($result);

You are looking for a field that is a string and consist of a \Z character!
not more not less. I don't understand if this is what you want or you want
to find all fields that CONTAIN a \Z in any position. In this case the
correct query would be

select id,PVLN from lhpl_side WHERE PVLN  LIKE \"%\\Z\%"

mATTIA cAZZOLA