Howdy,

in my header page that I include I have a lil script that basically welcomes
a user to the site.. I've been asked if I can only get this to show up on
the 1st page of the site ( index.php ) now rather than have a whole new
header page I want to see if i can go  something like this

if page = index.php
do this
else
do that

now to my actual question which way/function would be the better option to
use for this..

$_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"], $_SERVER["SCRIPT_NAME"] or try and do something
with $_SERVER["PHP_INFO"], or is the one that I am missing .. ?

Cheers

Peter
"the only dumb question is the one that wasn't asked"