I have a question regarding the use of the $_COOKIE autoglobal and include() or require() tags.

I have a script (index.php) which gets cookie variables. This works fine, and the cookies are accessable through both $_COOKIE["cookiename"] and $cookiename.
However, then in the script I have a require tag (essentially like require('http://www.mydomain.com/common.php')) line. I call this line, and within that file (same domain) the $_COOKIE[] array as well as variables such as $cookiename are all blank. I cannot figure out for the life of me why this is occuring.

The cookies are set with a path of "/", and if I access common.php directly, the variables are there and accessable. They just don't go through an include() or require(). I don't understand why this is, since the PHP documentation says that all variables available to the parent file at the time of an include() or require() tag are available to the included file also.

Does anyone know of a solution to this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

--
Luke Sneeringer
http://www.aggieruf.org/