> I have one file with several sections of code which I have so far
> accessed using a good old fashioned - - if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']
==
> "Update") - - however I now want to include this code within some
other
> web pages, I thought I may be able to use the following code  - -
> include("/modules.php?action=Update") - - however the code does not
run.
> Hoping someone can help me out on a way to overcome this.  I am
running
> IIS 5, and PHP 4.2.3

When you include() a file, it has the same variable scope as the file it
was included from. So, if you have the following code:

$action = "Update";
include("modules.php");

Then you can use $action in modules.php and it'll be set to "Update".
modules.php will have the same variables as the file that included it.

I hope that helps...

---John Holmes...