I have the following code with a rather odd behaviour:

<?php
$string='This is some text which will eventually need
to be split<p>
        Hopefully it gets done here</p><p>
        I would like that very much</p>

$Xarray=preg_split('/(?=<p>)/',$string,-1,
'SPLIT_DELIM_CAPTURE');
$count=count($Xarray);
for ($i=0;$i < $count;){
print $Xarray[$i];
//print $i;
$i++;
}
?>

The behaviour is that on the last '<p>' delimiter that
is supposed to be returned instead returns 'p>',
leaving of the first '<'. Below is the source:

This is some text which will eventually need to be
split<p>
        Hopefully it gets done here</p><p>
        I would like that very much</p>

This was done as a test to figure out what was going
on. I am probably making some stupid newbie mistake,
but I have no idea what it is. Any ideas?

Best,
Nik