My guess is that your best bet is creating either an HTML or RTF
documents, both of which are readable by MS Word. RTF is well documented
and it should be fairly easy to work with--you can save a template with
placeholders and simply replace them, since it's entirely text-based.

Cheers,

Marco
--
php|architect - The Monthly Magazine for PHP Professionals

Thanks,
Eddie