Hi,

Justin has made some suggestions below.

But it still doesn't work, I have noticed that in the c:/temp directory
session files have been created.

Does anyone have any other suggestions as to why this is not working

Apache is version  Apache/2.0.39 (Win32)
Internet explorer 6.0.2800.1106

Andrew

>Try this code:
>test.php
>---
><?
>session_start();
>if (!isset($_SESSION['count'])) {
>$_SESSION['count'] = 0;
>} else {
>$_SESSION['count']++;
>}
>?>
>Hello visitor, you have seen this page <?=$_SESSION['count']?> times.<p>
>To continue, <A HREF="<?=$_SERVER['PHP_SELF']?>">click here</A>
>---
>Each time you click "click here", the counter should increase by 1. This
>code is lifted straight from the manual, and I've tested it on my machine.

Tried this no banana!

> Does your browser accept cookies?
Privacy settings set to Medium, allowed IP address of machine to except all
cookies

> I'm going to assume PHP > 4.1 ????
PHP 4.2.2
>I'm also going to assume you're allowing cookies on your browser???
Allowed

> session_register_var.php
>change your script to:
><?
>// set up a session
>session_start();
>// register the variable to the session
>$_SESSION['my_favourite_colour'] = "blue";
>// show a hyperlink to get to the next page
>echo "<A HREF='show_session_var.php'>Click here to go to the next
page</A>";
>?>

> and
> show_session_var.php
>change this script to:
><?
>// continue using the session
>session_start();
>// show the variable's value
>echo "My favourite colour is... ".$_SESSION['my_favourite_colour'];
>?>

Changed all of this still not happy.

Thanks

Andrew

Andrew Williams
Sales Engineer
people telecom

Contacts:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Direct Tel:     (02) 9458 5861
Mobile: 0403 479 990
Reception:      (02) 9458 5888
Facsimile:      (02) 9458 5858
Customer Service:       1300 55 88 88
www.peopletelecom.com.au

talk to people

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright
material of people telecom Ltd or third parties. If you are not the intended
recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store or
act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all
copies of them. people telecom Ltd does not guarantee the integrity of any
emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the
author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of people telecom
Ltd.