From: "David Chamberlin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2003 1:58 PM
Subject: [PHP] Variables that persist through reload?

Hey,

I'm somewhat new to PHP and I'm doing a lot of forms stuff.  Looking at
some of the examples at:

http://www.linuxguruz.org/z.php?id=33

The variables seem to persist through a reload.  For example, the first
demo has:

----
<?
if (!isset($pick)) {
echo "Fill out and submit the form below."; }
else {
$j = count($pick);
for($i=0; $i<$j; $i++) {
}
?>

<form action="<? echo $PHP_SELF; ?>">
<ol>
</ol>

<input type="submit" value="Submit!" />
<input type="reset" value="Reset" />
</form>
--------

So the $pick variable is maitained through the submit.  When I demo the
script on that site, it works as advertised.  When I use the same code
on my web server, it doesn't work ($pick is never set after submitting).
  Is there some configuration option that dictates whether variables
persist in this manner?

Thanks,
Dave