I have 3 SunOS boxes, all running the same version of OS, apache and php.  I
have a page on all three servers that will allow a user to select a
directory from a drop down box and upon selecting the directory, be able to
select a file to view from a drop down box.  When the user selects the
directory, the page is refreshed and a second drop down box containing the
file names is displayed.

Here is where I'm running into some problems.  I need the file listing to be
sorted as if I were performing an 'ls -lt' listing on the server itself.
I'm using the readdir() function to get the file names and load them into an
array.  I then walk down the array backwards to build my drop-down list.  On
2 of my servers, this method works great!  However, on the other one, it is
throwing the most recently created files in the middle of the list.

Here is the code that I'm using:
$handle=opendir("$path");
  while (false !== ($file = readdir($handle)))  $filenames[] = $file;
  for($i=(count($filenames) - 1); $i >= 0; $i--) {
   $selected = ( $cboListFiles == $filenames[$i] ? " selected" : "" );
   if ($filenames[$i] != "." and $filenames[$i] !="..") {
    echo "<option value=". "$filenames[$i]" . " $selected>" .
"$filenames[$i]" . "</option>\n";

Even if I take out the sorting, the file listing order does not change.

Any ideas about what may be causing this?

Thanks!
Joe