Hello,

On 01/06/2003 01:21 PM, Rad Craig wrote:
I'm running under Win2k, new install of PHP(last week), I have been trying
to test the mail() function, but it doesn't seem to work.  I host my own
mail server on the same machine and I know it works, has been for months,
all other mail come/goes just fine.  I don't have the default SMTP server
for IIS installed since I have my own SMTP/POP3 mail server on this same
server.

I have tried it with the following:
mail("[EMAIL PROTECTED]", "test message", "this is a test");

I have SMTP authentication turned off on my mail server for this testing.

It never arrives, I never get an error.

I can telnet to port 25, all works fine.

phpinfo.php reports that everything looks good, only thing i saw was that
the extension directory shows c:\php4 instead of c:\php.

I don't have any extra .dll's or anything turned on since it has built-in
support for MySQL.
Have you tried this alternative as I suggested in this other message to you? Many people solved their problem with it, so can you.

http://news.php.net/article.php?group=php.general&article=130351

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos