Assuming you are using a <textarea></textarea> to allow your users to
input their text you need to either use the nl2br (converts new lines to

print nl2br($data); or

print '<pre>';
print $data
print '</pre>';

You can find out more about the nl2br function at
http://www.php.net/manual, if you allow users to enter <b> tags then
they should show up using method.

Jason