This is a fairly simple one if both the server and browser obey the
specs:

Set up output buffering on your page then if the page times out the
buffer
should be sent to the browser and that is loaded with your message.

PSEUDO CODE:

start output buffering
        put into buffer the required message
        start building actual page in a string behind the scenes
        fork--> page times out the buffer is sent out
             --> page ends properly ... clear the buffer and output the
string you built

Timothy Hitchens (HiTCHO)
Open Platform Consulting