Hello,

On 01/08/2003 03:40 AM, Kelvin Poon wrote:
HI, I am new to PHP and I am just wondering if anyone could give me some help.

I am currently working for infomart.ca, it is basically a company that sells articles (news/business). MY employer require me to develop a system using Perl and PHP, and the assignment is as follow:

To develop a system that collects, stores, processes and disseminates internally the updating status of our databases.

We currently have over 200 databases from various daily newspapers, magazines, TV transcripts and other periodicals. Most of them are updated every weekday between 4a.m. and 7a.m.. Others are updated on a weekly or monthly basis. THe update schedule Tv. the actual status need to be captured and made available to internal staff. This is similar to the flight departure/arrival information in an airport.
This is vague. What do you mean exactly by captured and made available to internal staff? Do you mean aggregate from somewhere to a central place?

Anyway, news feed compilation and aggregation leads to XML-RDF-RSS.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos