Yes, I want to get a value from a script on Server A that runs against a
database on Server A, returning that value to a script variable on Server B.

I read the manual but must have missed something.  This is what *seemed* as
if it should work:

Server A (containing functions and database)
qotd.php

<?php
requireonce('miscfuncs.php');
$qotd= qotd();
?>

** qotd()is a f(x) in miscfuncs.php

=============================
Server B
test.php

... HTML stuff

<?php
include 'http://www.servera.com/qotd.php';
echo $qotd . "\n<br>\n";
?>

... More HTML stuff

With this setup I get the following error:  Warning: Failed opening
'http://www.servera.com/qotd.php' for inclusion
(include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in c:\webdev\kids\homebody.inc on line 27

Any ideas?  I know that I am missing something here.

Thanks,

Bill