Steven (cc list),
The sticky part is: -------User comes back next day, clicks load

For that functionality you will need to remember the user, the last project they were
using and the form they were 'on'. How?

You can have the user log in to their last saved state (which you will save when they
log out), or set cookies on their machine or ... either way you need a unique way to
identify the user, their work and their last form.

When you decide how to maintain/save this 'state' information then your work is laid
out for you ...

You can also see some commented and working code for db inserts, cookies, logins,
prefilling form data fields, javascript form validation etc. - what you refer to - by
downloading a FREE application called phpyellow Lite Edition here:

http://www.dreamriver.com/phpcheckout/showcase.php?productnumber=1

After unzipping take a look at loginResult.php which may have some code you will need.
You can skip the install and go right to the code, because a working demo of the code
is here:
http://phpyellow.com/phpyellow/index.php

This won't answer all your questions, but at least it's a start... the key decision
you need to make is how you will save your 'state' information.

richard.
http://www.dreamriver.com