You're missing string concatenation operators.  I use "echo" instead of
"print" - but here's how it should look with either:

echo "<SELECT NAME=\"".$vari[$i][$j]."\">";

Explanation:  The \" makes the double-quote appear in the final HTML, then
you have to use a plain " to end the text string.  Then you use the .
concatenation operator, followed by your variable.  To add further text, use
another . operator, then " to open up the text string, then \" for the HTML
close-quote, then the > to close the HTML tag, then " to close out the echo
or print statement.  End with a ;

Let me know if that helps!

Take care,

--Noel