Dale Schell wrote:

List,
   I have a website that uses (too) many frames. At its most ugly, it will
load 8 frames at once. All of the pages in these frames activate the
session, and some of them modify session variables.
   Can this cause the pages to load slowly? Can a page have the session
file write locked and make other pages wait?

I don't know the php internals, but my guess is yes, each session_start() locks the session file and the lock is released when you session_write_close or your script ends, otherwise some session variables could be lost. Other scripts with session_start will wait. You should after calling session start do what is neccessery and call session_write_close()

Thanks for your help,
Dale
[EMAIL PROTECTED]