Yes, the JavaScript code can run before the browser is closed but it would
not be finish running because the browser closing had been executed.
Someone had tried it before and struggled with it.   But that is a good
advice, thanks for jumping in.

"Tamas Arpad" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
On Friday 10 January 2003 17:39, Scott Fletcher wrote:
> > Javascript has a function for performing actions on window close....
> That would work only if the webserver IP address is '127.0.0.1' (local
> machine), but not any other IP address.  Because of the ACK synchrious
> communication that get interrupted as result of the browser closing.
I think the javascrit code runs before the browser is closed, other way what
would run it?

Arpi