eg:

Now in the file.php you have:

<?php

header("Content-type: text/plain");
header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=xxx.php");;
// now we read the real file
readfile('xxx.php');

exit();

?>

This won't put the headers into the downloaded file and remember to
change the xxx.php into the file
to be delivered and the xxx.php in the header to the name you would like
them to save as.

* the file.php in the top is not the real file but a script that reads
into the buffer the real file!!

Timothy Hitchens (HiTCHO)
Open Platform Consulting