Hi,

I have been trying to solve the problem of using session variables, but I
have not had any luck.  What I want to do is simple, I want to set my userid
and password in a login screen and use it later (in another php form) to log
into the database.

In my login PHP file I have the following:

if(isset($_POST['userid']) && isset($_POST['pword'])){
        $_SESSION['user'] = $_POST['userid'];
        $_SESSION['password'] = $_POST['pword'];
}

In my connect to database PHP file I have:

if(isset($_SESSION['user'])){
    $user=$_SESSION['user'];
    echo "Print $user";
}else{
        echo "Print Missing User";
}

The message I always get is "Print Missing User", so I must assume the
global variable is not working.  Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks,
Larry