  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 4:02 PM
  Subject: Re: [PHP] Windows vs Linux

  In a message dated 1/14/2003 12:45:03 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

    I just installed MySQL and PHP on Windows, and I have found that I am
    getting all sorts of errors (in both) when I try to use some of the same
    commands I use in the Linux versions.  Are their a lot of differences in the
    two, and where can I find out what these are - I just got used to using them
    in Linux....

  There really aren't any differences. Scripts that run on one, run on the other. The
differences you are experiencing probably have to do with different settings. For
isntance, you might have the error reporting level settings different. Or you might
have register_globals set on in one and set off in the other. You need to check your
php.ini files and make sure the settings are the same.

  Janet