You don't need to -- the included file is effectively part of the including file, so
all variables available in one are equally available in the other.

>  How can I ensure that these variables in
> display.php will also exist in view.php?

By doing nothing.  You must be doing something else wrong.  Show us your code (or a
relevant sample, if it's big!).

Cheers!

Mike

Beckett Park, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]