On Friday 17 January 2003 16:38, Marco Alting wrote:
> I've looked at netpbm and ImageMagick, but I can't make heads or tails from
> it, I have to 'make' modules and stuff?

Can't you persuade your host to upgrade to a more recent version of GD --
1.6.2 is pretty ancient.

If they won't/can't upgrade then the least they can do is install
netpbm/imagemagick so everyone can use it.

> My site is hosted on an Apache
> server,

This isn't important ...

> Is there maybe a pre-baked version I can download and install?

..., you need to know the OS and architecture that your server is running then
see if someone has produced a binary version.

If you're still here (ie none of the above worked for you) then it's time to
get you hands dirty and do some "configure; make; make install". This is
beyond the scope of this list.

/*
Law stands mute in the midst of arms.
                -- Marcus Tullius Cicero