Hi gang

Been trying to figure out this session stuff, but since I was unable to
make the manual sample into something workable, I instead decided to
actually try and make the session do what I need it for: Passing the URL
of the caller page to the page that's being called.

1. Only I can't figure out if there's a function to just pull the current
URL and plop it into a session variable. The thing is that these pages are
all built by using a bunch of GET variables in the URL, so it would be
easiest to just do something like:

  $_SESSION['mother'] = $currentURL;

And then in the called, daughter, page do this:

came from</a>

As the only other way I've found is to have it use the string-functions
and re-build the current URL throughout the if-tree that builds the page.
I need to pass the mother URL to the daughter pages because there's two
main entry-points into the daugther pages, and one of them can have 10-15
different states...

But how do you pull the current url? ParseURL just smacks it into an
array, and I'll then have to rebuild it anyway ... which makes it about
just as simple as running it through the if-tree. Whether or not the
session-id is inside the URL is not essential to me, but dunno if php
cares about it.

2. Since the above is required to function at all times, I need to
override the expiration time. I can't do it in the ini file, 'cause I
can't modify the server where it's to run, and it's set to 0 there... (not
sure if that means it expires right away, or not at all)

Anyway to do this???

TIA

Rene
--
Rene Brehmer

This message was written on 100% recycled spam.

Come see! My brand new site is now online!
http://www.metalbunny.net