No, it does not break HTML standards -- that is a PHP urban myth (which, to
my chagrin, I helped to propagate before a wiser head sent me to read said
standards in minute detail).  It does not even break XHTML standards.

Believe me -- I've interrogated the damn standards to within an inch of
their lives, and they nonetheless insist that [] are legal characters in
form element name= attributes, and form element name= attributes are *not*
deprecated.

Cheers!

Mike

Beckett Park, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]