If you're using Apache 2, I suggeest you browse on over to this bug report:
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=18648.  (Well, maybe you want to go take a
look there anyway, as it's definitely concerning this very behaviour.)

Cheers!

Mike

Beckett Park, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]