Nicole, et al --

BellSouth, eh?  I'm in Atlanta :-)

...and then Nicole said...
%
% Thanks. But I would think if you can run cron jobs as certain users, you
% could create cron jobs for those users only. I mean, if you can do it with
% CPanel or these other Control Panels, then why not? It wouldn't have to run

The reason you could do it in a control panel is that the panel process
is running with special privs -- perhaps even in a separate httpd that is
running as root.  The way it's set up on my server is that httpd runs on
port 80 and admind runs on port 88, and admind is allowed to do certain
things as root *and* requires authentication before you can even get the
first page of data out of it.

% as root? I have a good bit to learn about linux. I am new to getting around
% in ssh.
%
% I am learning from the command line now. It doesn't seem too bad yet. Not
% sure.

Give it all you've got and grow to love it.  It's the only way to go.
GUIs are for sissies. <ducks and runs>

In all "seriousity", though, the command line is incredibly powerful.  I
highly recommend it.

%
% Thanks!

HTH & HAND

:-D
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED] * society and not sufficient moral courage.
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -- Mary Baker Eddy, "Science and Health"