Greg wrote:
Unfortunatly, that gets rid of the reason I have the iframe in there to
begin with.  I need a scrollable iframe with a set of buttons that perform
certain actions at the top, that have to always be at the top.
-Greg

in that case you either need to try getting some javascript to pass the info between frames - or see if there is some style sheet wizadry (fixed size divs, visible area, clipping ...???) that will produce the same effect on an acceptable proportion of browsers

"Sean Burlington" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
.uk> wrote in message

Greg wrote:

Here's the basic layout of my html page, this isn't the real html, just
the

basic idea.

<form action="test.php" method="post">
<input type="text" name="test1">

<iframe src = iframetest.php></iframe>

<input type="button" label="Submit">
</form>

Now inside iframetest.php I have a few check boxes that I want test.php

be able to access.  Is there any way to do this?
Thanks!!

not directly ..

 the form does not 'contain' the iframe - in fact the iframe is a
different page ...

so form elements within the iframe page will not be a part of the form
submission process

you /might/ be able to do something with javascript inter-frame
communication - but I doubt you would want to (and the iframe doesn't
sound like a valid page which could cause problems)

what would probably make more sense would be to make the 'html' page
include iframetest.php'

html.php

<form action="test.php" method="post">
<input type="text" name="test1">

<?php include("/path/iframetest.php"); ?>

 <input type="button" label="Submit">
 </form>

then you form elements will be properly contained within the form

--

Sean