On Friday 31 January 2003 22:33, 1LT John W. Holmes wrote:

> > > Do you have this line in your form?
> > >
> > > <input type="hidden" name="MAX_FILE_SIZE" value="30000">
> > >
> > > and is it set to a value greater than the size of all the files you're
> > > trying to upload? Some browers actually pay attention to this.

> > No, I don't have that line.
>
> Try it then...

Please don't perpetuate this urban legend :-)

_Not_ having that line has no effect on uploads (ie does NOT prevent uploads).

However _having_ that line _may_ prevent uploads.

Thus if you have trouble with uploads then you should NOT have that line. As
most browsers don't give a monkey about that line there is no reason to have
it, period.