Hello All:

Thanks again... I tried to use this and it is working fine for me.
Please comment:

<?
session_start();

  if (session_is_registered("valid_user"))
     include 'guest.html';

  else include 'not_logged_in.php';

?>

Many Thanks
-Pushpinder

On Tuesday, February 4, 2003, at 12:32 PM, Goetz Lohmann wrote:

Pushpinder Singh Garcha schrieb:
Hello All:

My question is related to authentication. I have made a login system
using PHP Sessions and MySQL. Once the user gets authenticated on the
website I want to be able to allow him to see some html pages on the
website. Only users who have logged in are able to see such a files. I
have asked this question before , but still I have some doubts.

My code will check for:

  if (session_is_registered($valid_user))
{
  /// display the reqd page
}

else {

DISPLAY ERROR MESSAGE and ASK USER TO LOGIN
}

How should I display the page ... the page has a lot of html code and
trying to write echo "   blah  blah blah .....     ";
will not be a an option. Please suggest a way out .
you could include every page into a php script using

<?php
   include('index.htm');
?>

this mean, that this page is like being copyed in the php file

also instead of

<?php
  echo "bla bla bla":
?>