I'm not using this for any database related function. What I'm trying to
do is come up with a method for scheduling processes needed for our
company that are run through command line php scripts. I'll be using cron
or to run a command that will check the date within the file and see if
the process needs to be run on that day and then rewrite the date + 28
days back into the file spawning the process if need be. To the best of my
knowledge cron cannot run schedules this way. It can only run on specific
days or times outlined directly. Our processes must run every 28 days, not
a specific day of the month. If there is any other scheduling system out
there that can do this type of thing on Linux/Unix I'd much rather use it
than doing it this way.

Ed