On Thursday 06 February 2003 18:09, Shams wrote:

> i've written a secure PHP login script which will allow users to login to a
> directory such as this:
>
> smezone.com/members/index.php
>
> however, how do I restrict people from accessing HTML files in that
> directory (which they can easily do so by typing the URL into their
> browser), such as:
>
> smezone.com/members/document1.html
>
> ?
>
> Since its a regular HTML files (and we have lots), I can't check whether
> the user has a valid session as I would do in a PHP file.

Perhaps instead of posting and reposting the same question, you should spend
the time looking at the archives where this question has been answered and
discussed many times before -- the most recent being earlier this week.

/*
There is always one thing to remember: writers are always selling somebody
out.
                -- Joan Didion, "Slouching Towards Bethlehem"
*/