Karthikeyan.Balasubramanian schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>   I would like put this question directly to Rasmus creator of this
> wonderful server side scripting language.
>
>   Is there a possibility with the future release of PHP to add extension in
> a easier manner.  For every feature client wants there is a recompile
> involved.
>
>   Wouldn't this be much easier if we just compile the appropriate library
> and just point the directory through php.ini.
>
>   In that way most of the hosting provider would have update to date
> version.
>
>   I also like features of gefionsoftware's LiteWebServer wherein they
> provide an admin screen and it allows us to update to the latest version
> without
> pain.
>
>   Here I am talking about both upgrading to latest version as well as adding
> extensions.
>
>   Have a great day.
>
> Karthikeyan B

that's ain't such easy as it seem cause every little linux box is a bit
different ... SUSE, Red Hat, FreeBSD ... but maybe you could use RPM
package to update your system which also tell you which modul is used
by another ... after all note

"never change a running system !"

if there are no needs (security bug) to be always near the developement
branch.

--
 @  Goetz Lohmann, Germany   |   Web-Developer & Sys-Admin