Thanks for clearing that up. So input of type text does a set, which makes
isset() true, but isset() does not return true if $var is merely empty.

                      Jason Wong

                      <php-general@grem        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      lins.biz>                cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: [PHP] empty and isset

                      02/06/2003 11:28

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      php-general

On Thursday 06 February 2003 22:50, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > <input> of type text are set regardless of whether you have entered
> > anything.
> > Thus isset() returns true.

> Actually, I believe it's not a matter of the input being set, but the
fact
> that isset() returns true on an empty variable.

Try this:

<?php

if (isset($doo)) {
  print '$doo is set'; // does not get printed
}

if (empty($doo)) {
  print '$doo is empty'; // gets printed
}