I've got an odd problem . . . I've got a PHP site (PHP 4.2.2, Apache 1.3.26, Linux box) that uses sessions to track a user_id for each user. I use the user_id to grant various rights.

This works like a dream 95% of the time. But every once in awhile, the session information gets lost. It's so rare that I have only seen it happen once or twice, but my customer, who works on the site all day, sees it 4 or 5 times a day.

I added code to send me an email whenever it happens, with some debugging info. The session parameter (called $user_id), just ends up blank (actually, unset) at random times. I've tried to see some pattern, but there doesn't seem to be one. It can happen on any page at any time. It doesn't seem to correlate to times of heavy usage, either.

I'm really at a loss for this. Any ideas would be mucho appreciated!

-- John