Hi,

I think you are facing problem with variable delete.
Make sure your Php.ini settings for global off. Check
value of variable is coming on the form or not.

In case of your update, i think you forget to put
where part. For example:

mysql_query("update table_name set
varible_name='$variable_name' WHERE key_name =
'$key_variable') or die(mysql_error());

May be it will help u

Hardik