Did you reload MySQL after you added the new user?

Stephen Craton wrote:
It's me again, trying to get some more help.

My boss is hosting sites now for games and I need some help with setting up
phpMyAdmin privelages for certain MySQL users and such. Right now, my
problem is setting up a new MySQL username and password.

I add a new user in phpMyAdmin, I type in the details, everything is fine.
When I go to test the connection with those connection details, I get this
error: (I copied and pasted the username and password so they are the same
for both the script and when I entered them into phpMyAdmin.)

   Access denied for user: 'd2sector@localhost' (Using password: YES)

My code is as follows:

    <?php
if(@mysql_connect('localhost', 'd2sector', '**Edited Out**')) {
 header("Location: index.php");
} else {
 echo '<font color="red">Unable to connect to database. Error as
follows:</font><br>'.mysql_error();
}
?>

Does anyone have a clue as to why this happens and how to fix it? I'll need
to know how to fix this for future users as well. Thanks in advanced.

Thanks,
Stephen Craton
http://www.melchior.us

--