"Erich C. Beyrent" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
008d01c2cfa3$fc752630$0a64a8c0@wolf">news:008d01c2cfa3$fc752630$0a64a8c0@wolf...
> Hi everyone,
>
> A quick question about html tags and PHP.  I have a text area where users
> can submit text, and I need them to able to have links in the text if they
> so choose.
>
> The contents get written to an ini style flat file database.

Is there any particular reason why you are using ini-style files.  IMHO they
are not very good for storing information that could potentially store
multi-line content.  I don't recall any programs using multi-line content
back in the win-3.1 days.

You wish to try using some other form of delimiter (or if available a
database).  For example.

Using "**" to seperate records and "--" to indicate that start and end of
the text data, e.g.

month:day:year:time:bands:venue
--
Event description, line 1

Event description, line 2
--
**
month:day:year:time:bands:venue
--
Event description, line 1

Event description, line 2
--
**
month:day:year:time:bands:venue
--
Event description, line 1

Event description, line 2
--

This is only a simple example, but may solve your problem.  The only issues
with doing this that I can see is that it would require a lot more work of

Regards

Lee