Hi,

well Im out of a job so I am sitting around learning XML. It seems like a
great tool, but I am trying to figure out why I would actually use it? All
it does is seperate content and data, albeit on the client, but that is what
I have been doing with Smarty and MySQL for awhile now. Why would I choose
to parse XML documents with PHP and do transformations on the server, it
sounds terribly inefficient and complicated, as opposed to just pulling data
out of a database. I also realize that I can generate XML dynamically (ie
include PHP code in an actual XML template) by editing my Apache config, but
that is not always an option and what would be the point? It would just add
another layer of content/data seperation that would have to processed on the
other end. Thanks

Chris