Hello,

On 02/14/2003 01:56 PM, Mark McCulligh wrote:
If I send a HTML email using either mail() or pear mail to an email account
of someone who is on my email server it does not get delivered right.  But
if I send a HTML email to an external email address it is fine. It also
works fine with plain text email, only if you send a HTML format email.

I have even setup pear mail not to use the mail function but link right to
qmail's bin folder.
I can also send HTML between users in HTML using Outlook fine, only if PHP
sends do I have problem.

I am using PHP 4.3.0 and qmail as my email server.

Has anyone any idea of were to start looking for why this is happening.
Again this only happen if it is a HTML format email and it is to an internal
user, thus my email server routes it without leaving the server.
Never send HTML only messages. It is possible that there maybe a spam filter in your server blocking HTML only messages.

In the worst case, always try to send a message with a plain text and a HTML alternative parts. You may want to try this class to learn how to do it right. This class also works around some bugs of mail() function. There is also a subclass for delivery with qmail-inject program:

http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos