At 19:57 16.02.2003, Dhaval Desai said:
--------------------[snip]--------------------
>I have a form with 5 checkboxes. I want to make sure that a user checks
>atleast 2 boxes before he can proceed. How can that be made possible.
--------------------[snip]--------------------

You have 2 options:

1) Client-side JavaScript: in the forms OnSubmit handler, loop your
checkboxes and make sure at least 2 are checked. If the precondition is not
met, return false from the onSubmit handler.

2) Server-Side via PHP: make an array of all available checkboxes, and walk
this array to see if you have at least 2 of these checkboxes set in your
$_REQUEST array. If the precondition is not met, retransmit the original
form without proceeding.

I'd prefer a combination of both - the JS method saves the user an
unnecessary form transmission, speeding up his entry. The server-side
script method makes sure there's no malicious user trying to trick the
system *g*

--
   >O     Ernest E. Vogelsinger
   (\)    ICQ #13394035