Martin,

MM> Use phpinfo() to know how your PHP was compiled. If it comes as a
MM> module, you should see a --enable-feature=shared. Don't know it
MM> ftp support can be compiled as shared, but....

Indeed - I think the doc's maybe (!) indicate that FTP is shared
(loadable from a DLL) under MS-Windows, but only seems to be available
using --enable-ftp under Unix ... but no sign of that option in the
phpinfo() function. Hm. Doesn't seem to make absolute sense!

I'll keep looking into it some more I guess...

--
Best regards,
James.