This would work (and might still if I changed things), but the part that calls it is in another function also.

Steve

At 02:35 PM 2/20/2003 +0000, you wrote:
> [...]

Well, the only obvious way I can think of is to use a global variable to set the array index you want to sort by -- something like:

function cmp ($a, $b) {

global $field;

return strcmp($a[$field], $b[$field]);
}

$field = "divname";
usort($array, "cmp");

$field = "divid";
usort($array, "cmp");

I haven't tested this, but I think it should work...!

Cheers!

Mike

Mike Ford, Electronic Information Services Adviser,
Beckett Park, LEEDS, LS6 3QS, United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel: +44 113 283 2600 extn 4730 Fax: +44 113 283 3211