Change to:No, the double quotes are needed so that $i will be parsed. The problem is the single quotes around $_POST["gamt_$i"].
if (ereg('[0-9]+',$_POST["gamt_$i"])

Greg Donald wrote:

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Robert E. Harvey, M.D. wrote:

I'd like to verify input data transferred from a form and make sure it is numeric data or null before my program executes. I am using this syntax, which doesn't work:

for ($i=1;$i<=3;$i++)
{
if (ereg('[0-9]+','$_POST["gamt_$i"]'))
{
continue;
}
else
{
die("Non-numeric data entered in grass entry field(s).");

Try changing '$_POST["gamt_$i"]' to $_POST['gamt_$i']

--
The above message is encrypted with double rot13 encoding.  Any unauthorized attempt to decrypt it will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.