i dont understand what you mean , anyway, this is a short term situation as
the site is pretty slow and cpu intensive,  the setup is a sun solaris box
running apache 1.3 and php3 , just had a meeting today to push through apahe
2 and php 4.3 ut wont happen for a while , we need a solution in the next
month, we basically need a system that will trawl the site or the latest
news and flatten them so they are less taxing on the server as our last time
cost us dearly , 170,000 hits in one day !
so would flattening to html solve our problem or is the server going to get
hammered anyway ?

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]