Please keep the emails on-list, so that others can learn, and search the
answers in the archive -- that's the whole point of the list.

on 25/02/03 12:14 AM, Alberto Brea ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> Justin,
> Thanks for your answer
> The only real problem seems to be how to capture the different parts of an
> incoming email (from, date, message, etc) somehow into PHP variables.

Did you even read the IMAP page on php.net?
http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.imap.php

I doubt it, because it clearly shows a list of imap functions, including
imap_body(), imap_subject(), etc etc.

Please at least do SOME research before asking questions.

> Then you "INSERT" them into the (e.g.MySQL) database or do anything else with
> them.
> Is there an easy way to do this? I have never used IMAP functions, but I can
> learn if this is the way.

I doubt you've got imap functions installed at the moment... it requires
extra components, so that may be your first issue.

> As to your comment, my PHP is installed as an Apache module (on Windows), not
> as CGI.

Well then that rules out one of the two options (using .forward to pass the
emails to a PHP script).  You'll need either PHP as CGI, OR the IMAP
functions AFAIK -- your choice.

Justin