on 01/03/03 3:52 AM, Don ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a site that requires a user to login in for extended function.  The
> site uses sessions.  I note that if a user configures his/her browser block
> all cookies, he/she will not be able to navigate the extended part of the
> site.  Is there a way (PHP code if possible please) to verify if session
> cookies are enabled in the user's browser?

On the page that you set the cookie on, you need to append a value like
"setcookie=true" to all the URLs on the page (or perhaps this can be
achieved transparently with a header() or meta refresh...  Then, on the page
following that, if $_GET['setcookie'] is true but you can't find a session
id, then you know that the cookie failed.

The other way sessions can be passed around is in the URL... you can
manually add the SID to all URLs in your site, or recompile PHP with
trans-sid, and it will do everything above for you, transparently... if the
user has cookies, it will use them, otherwise it will modify URLs to include
the SID.

Justin